Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another pair of slippers gifted plus blanket progress

28 completed. 338 to go.

Its nothing that exciting, but I did complete a second pair of Granny Square slippers for another friend Saree's birthday. They were much brighter than the last pair, and were very well received. I do however have something rather spesh in mind for the next pair of slippers I make. Oh yes, there will be more slippers my lovelies.

All stacked up ready to be put together

Finished

Athena and Saree all slippered up.. hairy legs and all ;-P          


I also completed another square for the baby blanket, and I hate it so I'm not going to count it as it wont be used. But here is a pic for those playing along at home. It looks exactly how its supposed to according the the pattern, and with some blocking it would probably be better, but its just not what I want for the blanket. I have decided instead that I am going to just stick to the original pattern but playing with the colours a little. 



There's just something not quite right about it.



I have now completed 4 squares for the baby blanket and have spent this afternoon playing around with joining border. This is the kind of look I want for the blanket, obviously different colours, but granny squares bordered by thick solid colour and a fancy outer border. 
Image from here
Because my blanket isn't standard granny squares like in this pic, I feel like standard shell borders will look yuk with it, so I've been playing around with something a bit fancier. 

Stay tuned for blanket updates. Its going to take a while. 

Oh and today I made my first purchase from the book depositary. Crochet books of course. My very own copy of the 200 Granny Square book I've been working from as well as a book dedicated entirely to fancy crochet borders.

2 comments:

  1. <3 LOL'd at one particular caption ;D

    That blanket is rather divine! Can't wait to see the final product.

    ReplyDelete