Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my new challenge for the year... a granny square a day.

Basically the idea is that I will make a crochet granny square each day this year that will be turned into items to either keep or be gifted away. I have some things in mind already, including a couch blanket for myself, a baby blanket for a beautiful friend of mine, and some possible random yarn bombs in the hope of making someone smile. If you like the idea of yarn bombing, check out my friend Nessa's blog, she is planning a weekly yarn bomb and we are hoping to support each other in keeping on top of these challenges.

There are some guidelines I'm attaching to this project, and because its totally mine I'm entitled to change the rules whenever the hell I choose. But at the moment the following things are my loose 'rules' of the challenge;
  • While a square a day is the plan, that doesn't mean that I can only do 1 square each day, nor does it mean that some days I wont even pick up a hook and make anything. As long as at the end of it all, there have been 366 squares made (and photographed) mission accomplished. 
  • There are no rules about the size of the square. It might be huge, or tiny, or average, but they all count and they will all have a purpose.  
  • If followers have wool that they would like to donate to go into one of my projects, I'm more than happy to oblige. 
 So today is the 11th January and I have 12 granny squares completed so far. They are going to be joined to create a birthday gift for a friend, so no pics until after they have been gifted. 

The next batch of squares may also be a gift for another friends birthday (depending on her reaction to the first gifting ;-P) then I plan to get started on the baby blanket for a friend who wont find out the gender of her baby, so I'm working neutrals with a plan of a dusky pink or cornflour blue border once baby Smyth is earthside.  

So feel free to join Nessa and I on creating more smiles in the world. Link us to your own crafty blogs and feel free to link back to ours. 

Aslo comment people, there is nothing more awesome than comments from your blog readers. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a very busy year of hooks and scissors for us!! Thanks for sharing my blog! :D x

    ReplyDelete