Monday, January 30, 2012

Blanket Update and a Little Yarn Bomb of my own

36 completed.  330 to go.

Here are some progress pics of the baby blanket.

Squares in progress
First round
Start of second round of squares going on.

I have made the cream centers for the remaining squares and will begin working on the next rounds of colour on each of those soon. 

Also this week, I did my first solo yarn bomb. We have been talking for AGES about where our craft group could drop a yarn bomb, and long ago it was decided that the seagull statues at Frankston foreshore were looking a bit chill and some hats and scarves might be nice. On Friday night at our fire twirling group, I sat myself down and made this to start... 
I had to add the chin strap to keep the hat on. I think scarves will be an easier, if more time consuming option next time.

I'm hoping to add more and more hats and scarves each time we are down there. As I don't twirl or drum, but love the atmosphere and getting to hang out with my village.

2 comments:

  1. hope the chin strap keeps the hat on and no-one takes it off. As for the blankie, gorgeous, I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete