Monday, January 16, 2012

First 12 Squares complete

12 completed. 354 to go. 

Now that my first 12 squares have been gifted away I am able to post pics for you here. 

I forgot to get a pic of all 12, but I assure you there were 12.
 The colours are much brighter than I could capture in a photo. Its actually a bright orange, violet purple, an amazing teal green and magenta pink. 

Close up of 1 slipper

Slippers Completed
There were gifted to a gorgeous friend of mine Athena for her 29th Birthday and from all signs she loved them. 

For anyone who is interested, they are oh so easy to make. They are simply 12 granny squares and you can find the instructions to make them (and work out the sizing) here at the Purl Bee. A tip however, make them a tad smaller than a tad bigger as they do stretch.

For the record my next batch of squares are completed, but again they are a gift, so once they are gifted, I shall post pics. Tomorrow at craft circle, I begin the baby blanket, seeing as the mumma to be approved the colours today when she visited.

1 comment:

  1. what a wonderful idea Kint. Look forward to seeing all your creations with your granny squares. also your yarn bombing adventures with Nessa. LOL!

    ReplyDelete